23 December 2012

Minimalist Christmas Trees

I've been seeking a lot of inspiration for my manis lately rather than coming up with my own designs. Though I am giving credit where credit is due and changing things up a little bit so I don't feel so bad.

Today's mani is inspired by this mani over at Taupe is the New Black.


I decided to use bright colors, though I'm not sure if I really like my choices.  My base coat is Pure Ice Peony. I needed 2-3 coats for what you see here. I free handed the trees using Cult Nails Feelin' Froggy. There a bit sloppy, and I should have used tape instead. Feelin' Froggy is not a one coater so that meant I had to go over the trees a few times too. I should have picked a more opaque polish to do my art with.


Next I added on yellow/gold rhinestones on the top as stars and different colored rhinestones on each nail for ornaments (from pinkie to index: light blue, bright blue, silver, and purple).


2 comments:

  1. Aww I'm soo flattered you tried my design! :D :D I loove the pink background you chose it brightens it up so much!! And all the different coloured rhinestones too, so cute! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink and the rhinestones!

    ReplyDelete